Where do you get baby gates at a reasonable price? We tried a children's resale shop and Babies R'Us this past weekend, but we really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for each baby gate if we can help it. (The children's resale shop didn't have the kind for the doorways. Some of our family member told us to try pet stores. Any other ideas? We live in Dallas, Texas. Thanks.

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 11:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Walmart or Target.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What kind of gate are you looking for??? Wal Mart sells the doorway baby gates for like $10!! I've never seen one that costs hundreds...
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We got a really nice walk-through gate at Lowes for about $50. It is tall and my kids that can climb over everything, haven't figured out how to climb over it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Walmart
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I do think baby gates are one of those things that you get what you pay for. I bought several cheap ones before I bought good ones. I would have saved money if I would have bought the good ones first. Now if you legs are long and you are tall, you will probably be fine with the cheapy ones you just step over. If you are shorter, splurge for the walk thru kind. You will be glad you did.

http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Hands-Free-Extension/dp/B001OB83EO
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Big Lots
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Do you have Freecycle in your area? I see about a dozen a week for free in our freecycle.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2010