Is it normal to not feel the baby move when I am 19 weeks pregnant?

I am a bigger girl and I only feel the baby move sometimes. I was wondering if thats normal

kbond21

Asked by kbond21 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first? If so sometimes it's hard for new moms to know exactly what it feels like. That's how it was with my first. I didn't really start to KNOW for sure that it was her until around week 22 or so. And yes, if you're a bigger girl it does take longer to feel the movements.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes its my first. I feel it sometimes but it kinda feels like bubbles popping inside me. And its mostly on my left side.
    kbond21

Comment by kbond21 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i am big 2 and it took alot longer for me to feel my baby move , my doctor told me that the only time i should be concerned is when i dont feel him move atleat once an hour past 6 months preg.
    tomcatsbabygirl

Answer by tomcatsbabygirl at 11:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Ok I was getting kinda worried cuz all my friends are like I can feel the baby move all the time and I was like I only feel it sometimes. Kinda sucks but I know soon it will be moving all the time.
    kbond21

Comment by kbond21 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I felt my boy kick around 20 weeks, but he was a very active baby. Also, if you are really concerned, try drinking a glass of orange juice. That is what my doctor told me to do and that if I still didn't feel it kick, then call her. Of course, you have to be careful on the calorie intake because the ones in orange juice are easily picked up calories by the baby and may lead to a bigger baby. I wouldn't be too concerned about it yet.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 11:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Op, I would say that's definitely baby moving around. Give it a few more weeks and you should start to feel baby flipping over, kicking, etc.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My hubby is 6'7" so i expect a pretty long baby maybe even big. He was pretty big also and at my very first ultrasound I was told the baby already had long legs.
    kbond21

Comment by kbond21 (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You may not actually feel your baby moving until 24 weeks or later. Some women say they never felt their baby move, although I find that hard to believe. Some babies are just more active than others or seem to know just where to kick to really get mom's attention. Don't worry too much about it yet
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes totally normal. I think I was around 18 weeks or later when I felt my first baby kick. I'm bigger myself.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It's normal to only feel the baby sometimes and when you get further along you'll feel your baby move more.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010