Am I the only one....... adult content

who believes that prostitution should be legalized? I mean, yes they should put regulations on it, but imagine the tax revenues that would come out of this industry! What are your thoughts.

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Same with marijuana; legalize it, tax the hell out of it.

It would free up space in the prisons for REAL criminals, at least.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't approve of it but it would help generate more tax money. I feel the same way about marijuana.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 12:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am not for it. Tax revenues would be better? Perhaps but what about the women who would be doing the work? I had a college professor who worked with these ladies who were prostitutes and even follow up with them years later. Most were abused as children and were even beaten by men who payed them. They also struggled with depression and alot of addictions. No doubt because of their low self esteem. There are so many other ways that would help not harm to bring in revenue. As far as regulations on it to make it safer? I just dont see how the goverment could do that. Would they have brothels and a state appointed inspector standing there?
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it would help these women out tremdously. You wouldn't have to worry as much about women being forced into it and they could get better medical care as well.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 12:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I really think this is one less thing we need to focus on you know? I mean we have bigger fish to fry lol
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Why not? It's one of the very oldest professions.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Just tell the truth. You've just had enough of him and you don't care anymore when he comes home now.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 1:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it should be legalised as well. At least if it's regulated, there will be a lot less health issues with it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, I don't think so
    Chniamli

Answer by Chniamli at 3:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Legalise it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010