Do you read the same books to your children that your parents read to you?

A lot of the books I read to my son are classics that I remember my Mom reading to me when I was a kid. Are the majority of your child's books classics, or new stuff?

mbdc

Asked by mbdc at 12:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I only remember 1 book "pooky lil puppy".. yes i read it to my daughter.. but we have many more books that my MIL read to my dh, she was BIG in reading to both of her kids .. :-) I love reading books that once came to life for my dh when he was a kid...
    I actually have a few ORIGINAL books my MIL gave dd.. so we are looking at the exact book he did :) ... <3
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• A bit of both I think. She gets some new ones and then some that I remember. Love Dr Seuss!
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 12:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You know, come to think of it, I don't ever remember my mom reading to me. I do have several books from my childhood that my grandmother gave to me and I read those to my son.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes, I love reading classics to her.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes Dr S...... Green eggs & Ham........
    mommyibe

Answer by mommyibe at 1:08 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• A good mix of both. You can't beat the classics though
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• dr suess, goodnight moon... we love goodnight moon. and i have some of the books my mom's grandmother used to read to her in the fifties, to read to my dd... how big is baby, even little black sambo, which i'm sure is not considered p.c. lol
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• A lot of his books are Cat In the Hat, but both of my boys have new things (Barney, Bob the Builder) that I didn't have. I'd have to say it's a mix of old and new!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010