• In the Spotlight:

this is a real question...have any of you

have any of you gotten pregnant on purpose to keep a man or try to keep a man? did they stay with you? no bashing please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• yes I did. It didnt work. Not a great idea. He left me when he found out I was pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i was not soo lucky.. i didnt do it on purpose, but my ex is an ass.. soo yeah
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• No it was something we both wanted. It's a bad idea if your thinking about it because the first reply is right. Alot of men will leave. Just wait until your settled down and married before you have children. For all you know this guy might not work out or worse...Leave when you get pregnant. Wait until it's something both you and your spouse want.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• No, I never thought of doing this to keep a guy. Call me traditional, but I always wanted to be married first and have that dream family. (still didn't happen that way either though!).
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I haven't... heck I haven't even ever planned a pregnancy LOL

I do know some women that have tried that and it ALWAYS ends badly!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I had sex with the guy to keep him, he still left and I ended up pregnant (not on purpose).
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My BFF did this with her EX. No it doesn't work, all she got is raising a son on her own, he even signed away his rights so his son doesn't see him. If a relationship is in trouble bringing a baby isn't the answer. Babies are a strain on a lot of good relationships much less on bad ones.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I did not try to get pregnant on purpose, but my SO's family has accused me of it. We had broken up for a small period, and then decided to give our relationship another chance. I got pregnant about a week or so after we got back together. I was on birth control. You know it really isn't any of their damn business anyways. They can think what they like.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 2:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• no cause if they dotn want you before they aint gonna want you after ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• not to keep him but to make us closer as a family, yes he stayed and he's still here cause he wants a family too, brought my inlaws closer too.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2008