heavy period

My baby is 2 months old and this is my first period after having her(I stopped bleeding from birth about 2-3 weeks ago). My period is really heavy. Before I got pregnant it wasnt this heavy, is it normal for your period to be heavier than normal the first time after having a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine took a while to get back to normal after babies. I've read it can take up to 18 months for all your hormones to get evened out again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Ok, my daughter is 8 1/2 months old. I had 4 periods in August. Then I had a normal period in September, and now in October, it has been a 41 day cycle and I have tested negative on two HPT. It will take some time to get back to normal. Hopefully, your transition to normal is easier than mine! Congratulations on your little one.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Physically, it takes about 18 months for your uterus and hormones to return to their pre-baby state. The time can be shorter if you nurse, but periods do take quite awhile to get back to normal. I've never had normal AF's, so this is going on pure research, lol.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My little one is now 7 months, I've been back on the pill for 5, and have had little or no "periods". I was told like the other are saying, it takes a while for your body to go back to normal.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 8:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My son turned a year old and I'm still all screwy. Give it some time and it should get better.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2008