Soy free recipes??

I wanted to make some of those cookie-in-a-jar type things for Christmas this year, however, my MIL is allergic to soy so I was wondering if anyone knew of any good soy-free recipes or any sites where I could maybe find some? Thanks ladies.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Food & Drink

• http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/giftsinajar/a/122099a.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• try allrecipes.com maybe?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• hmmm... I am sure there are soy recipes out there... but I've only ever seen the ones that just use every day ingredients...

just take your favorite recipe and mix all the dry ingredients in the jar (or layer them if you like that look)

write down all the wet stuff like water, milk, butter, eggs, vanilla, etc on a card

that's really all there is to the cookie jar things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Anymore I am not sure what kinds of things have soy in them. Like chocolate or peanut butter chips or cocoa powder and things like that. I want to get creative, but I don't want her not to be able to partake and if she knows I made a special kind just for her, she will feel bad.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• if you get a recipe to make cookies from scratch (like a simple chocolate chip recipe) you buy the ingredients, so you can read the labels of everything you are adding to it.

The dry ingredients are normally flour, the chocolate chips, baking soda or powder, and sugar. That's about it. :) the only thing you'd really need to read is the chocolate chips.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• and I don't think she'd feel bad, she'd more than likely feel very grateful that you took the time to make sure she could eat it.

I have a friend that I bake special things for at holidays because she's allergic to red#40
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thanks ladies. My MIL is really proud and hates admitting she has any problem at all, let alone something other people have to adjust for. She will sit through a movie that gives her seizures if she thinks that FIL wants to see it just to live a 'normal" life. She is crazy, but I love her! Most of the time anyway!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2008