so im 1 cm dialated.. what now??

im offically 1 cm dialated yay! anywho does that mean that i already lost my plug? im due in 7 days and hope that he comes this weekend. what do yall think?

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 1:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• could be tomorrow... could be 2 weeks ;o) I know...not what you wanted to hear

I was dilated to 2 cm at about 20 weeks... gave birth at 36w2d. spent about a week at 4cm before that too.

If you are wanting to speed things up try sex and walking. walk as much as you can!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• it honestly means pretty much nothing. some women can walk around for weeks at 4 cm dilated, and some women can be 0 in the morning and have their baby that afternoon. he may come this weekend, never know :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• doesnt mean a thing you could go inn to labor tonight or 2 3 weeks from now ... just depends on your baby good luck tho
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• First one huh? Yea dont hold ur breath but dont be dissappointed. if u lose your plug u can still go for a while. I was about a week at 1.I know, your tired of waiting. If ur anything like i was, heartburn that WONT go away, trips to the bathroom have tripled, and u can not get comfortable at night AT ALL! The moment u hear your child cry, when u first see it, and get to hold it, that moment makes it all worth it! Hang in there, go fold some of the baby's clothes (for the third time!) Good luck and rest now while u can! Good luck and congrats!
    Florence_Moss

Answer by Florence_Moss at 2:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i was 1 cm for 2 months and was 43 weeks before i gave birth!i had an appt to go to the doc the morning of 12-6-07 to be induced because the week before i was still only 1 cm,but i was in the bath getting ready for my appt when i lost my plug and my son was born 10 hours later!!but on the other hand,my cousin who delivered 3 months before me went to the doc and found out she was 1 cm and delivered less than a week later!so truth be known it all depends on your baby!!he/she will come only when its ready!!after i passed my due date i tried everything to go into labor and nothing worked!!he came in his own time!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 3:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• They come in their own time and you can walk around at 1 cm for weeks or even months. Do you know how small 1 cm is??? 2.54 cm per inch. Less than 1/2 inch. Get out a metric ruler. good luck!
    older_mom

Answer by older_mom at 9:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I lost my mucus plud the day I went into labor and was dilated for like 3 weeks before I had her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2008