Do you argue with your 18+ daughter all the time, too??

How do you try to resolve it?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 12:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I have raised four daughters who all now are having their own children. I learned to stop arguing. I would offer suggestions as to what I expected should happen in circumstances. I learned to step back and let them make mistakes. I prayed a lot they would make good choices in life. At 18 they think they know it all. By 22 they learn they don't know it all. Until then you hold your breath a lot.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 10:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't not have a daughter, but it was not that long ago that I hug my mom and told her how sorry I was for the problems i caused at that age and thanked her for not putting me in boot camp. SMILE
    jessifer85

Answer by jessifer85 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my daughter will be 21yrs on oct1, we have come a long way she is the best daughter any mother would want, yes we had some great fights but we always talk about how we felt ,we both had to grow up and learn to back off,and to pick our fights ,oh yes she looks great in my clothes as i am good in her's ,i was bless give your daughter a little space always tell you love her no matter what ,tell always will be here for her no matter what she does yes you get mad at times but as mother we worry ,she will always come first in your live tell her that always tell the truth no matter what she needs to here what it was like when you where 18yrs old
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my mom and I use to argue all the time when I was 18. My dad typically was the buffer. He'd be the one that would come up stairs after we'd argued and try to sooth the situation by talking it out. Which helped, but honestly it wasn't until I moved out and realized how right my mom was on a lot of things tha twe really started to mend. Now we are pretty great friends as well as mother and daughter .

I guess what I'm saying, is don't give up, she'll realize that you were doing wha tyou thought was best for her at the time and that you did it out of love, when she grows up fmore or has children of her own (sorry for the typo's).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• when I was 18 and lving with my mom she was always getting pissy at me.She would be patient about it though and laugh at all my 18 year old shit....She was only trying to help I think..
    lilpunkymom

Answer by lilpunkymom at 2:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My mom would be calm and collected when she wanted to get on me about stuff...I was nutts...so I was the wrong one.
    lilpunkymom

Answer by lilpunkymom at 2:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I tell her what I would do in certain situations, and tell her that it is her choice on how to do things, but she needs to deal with the consequences.... But really, trying to get a teenager to do ANYTHING is like nailing jello to a tree...
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 9:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I agree with Zanny regarding getting teens to do ANYTHING!! My daughter is 17, a senior this year, need I say anymore??!!

cpawif

Answer by cpawif at 10:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, but that's been going on for a while. She's very independent and hard-headed.
    kpeedlaur2

Answer by kpeedlaur2 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• once in awhile but I'm cutting down heck she is 19 and I have 14 yr old to deal with the aguring isn't worth it
    mom1T2Ldh

Answer by mom1T2Ldh at 12:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010