WHAT DO YOU REALLY THINK OF US TEEN MOMS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had a friend who had her first at 16. She was a horrible, selfish person and a horrible mother. I have several other friends who had their babies as teens and they are outstanding mothers! I don't think age determines the kind of mother you'll be, the type of person you are does.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• honestly I think it depends on the mother. I would never make a generalization about a group of people like that. I know a couple teen moms who are wonderful mothers and some who are not so much...just like any other mother, you will see people on both ends of the spectrum
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think in twenty years you will be happy that you had your children at such a young age!
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 12:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't care. As long as you are raising your child right.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 12:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Im a teen mom. But im one of a few who made it. Ive seen so very many of them not do right by there baby/child. I was truley lucky. Before getting prego I was headed for trouble. I struggled to make since of it all after having my 1st. But I protected her and loved her to the point where I grew up and quick. Now I have 2 beautiful girls and a wonderfulman and stepson and the end result being My teen pregnancy saved me. It also brought me close to my mom who I just lost 4 months ago and would have never grown to appreciate her without my daughters. Oh And I was a single mom for awhile and did it all on my own. Im now 24 with 2 girls a 6yr old and an 8 yr old. So yay to those single moms who made it!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• growing with my kids is great....

mommyibe

Answer by mommyibe at 1:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think you are awesome and amazing moms!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think that it makes you a stronger women being young and raising a child. Pluse you will be younger when in comes time to be grandmas. As long as you raise your child right and do good by them I don't think there is anything wrong with having them young.
    jessifer85

Answer by jessifer85 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i as much older mom i wish you would have waited, but you didn't ,as long you take care of your child great but there are teenmoms out there not so great
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have been waiting for someone to ask this question. Well Yeah like other moms have said it DOES depend on your parenting skills as to all parents MY main concern is when I see teen moms walk around with 6 guys pushing the baby in a cheap dirty 20 dollar stroller not paying ANY attention to the child, and yes in fact it is not all teen moms who do this I see other "full grown" adults do this too. I have no problem with teen mothers as long as they are a good one, as long as they understands that being a mom isn't just another nick name hoe (lol) Its a career that they MUST do every day of their lives that they MUST be good at it and put their child first and not their life! >.< :D IF you want other older moms to take you seriously then act the part; pay attention, be aware and love thou child or w/e
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 1:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010