What do I need for a baby??

I am a first time mom and I am not sure of what all I need for a new born baby before the baby comes home from the hospital. I have the basics... car seat, crib, chlothes bottles, diapers, wipes... but i'm not sure what else

baby_grl

Asked by baby_grl at 3:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• honestly the basics are all you really NEED....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I'm assuming that baby soap and diaper rash stuff in in the basics...
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• just the basics honey. that's all i needed. a couple of months after your baby is born i would suggest a swing because my son loves it.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Do you have the book "what to expect when expecting"? This book is a must have for ALL preggers. I have the what to expect during the toddler years too. :) It has ALL the answers to just about anything that I ever questioned....including what to have on hand when the baby comes. :)
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 3:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• All you really need-besides of course the obvious material things is Love, Patience and the ability to relish in the new life you have helped create. God Bless you.
    boysmom67

Answer by boysmom67 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• the basics is right....you'll figure it out as you go along - but it sounds like your on the right track.
    cstashu

Answer by cstashu at 4:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• You only really NEED the basics... enough stuff for clothing, feeding & hygiene for the baby. After you have that stuff taken care of, you can branch out and get a swing or other "luxury" items. The baby won't care if you never bought a Boppy pillow or a Sling... they just want you.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Just the basics. I found out real quick that things like wipe warmers are a waste of money although I couldn't live without my Boppy pillow!! I used it with both of mine when I was nursing and it actually got a hole in it! A bouncy seat and a swing are great for calming a fussy baby, you can probably get a good one second hand from a yard sale or from friends who have already had a baby.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Lots of onesies. Lots and lots and LOTS of them.
    Peggy76

Answer by Peggy76 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• you need the basics... but what i did was take my mom and a friend of mine who had kids and we all went shopping together and registered for my baby shower that way... talk to people who have kids... even if they all tell you different things listen to them, they know what they are talking about to make it a little easier
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 5:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2008