different coloured fruits

so i know that you're supposed to eat a variety of coloured fruits (and veggies), but does it count for like, red and green grapes, or apples? or is a grape a grape no matter what colour it is?

llansky

Asked by llansky at 1:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I think it's just in the color. the different colors are caused by different nutrients in them.

of course, I only eat green apples and white grapes because I'm picky LOL although I do eat other colored fruits like strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, and bananas.

all the veggies I like are green or yellow though... don't really care for all the rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yes it matters - you need a full color spectrum for proper nutrients/minerals/vitamins. Fruits and veggies share the same n/m/v's based on color - dark skinned fruits & veggies share the same n/m/v's as dark skinned veggies & the same with light colored - as long as you eat full color spectrum and vine ripened produce, & eat at least 10 servings a day, you are getting what your body needs. For proper n/m/v's the produce should be organic - organic produce is vine ripened. if not vine ripened the produce is not getting the full amount of n/m/v's because it is ripening on a shelf or in transit. you can contact me for more info if you like, I have done a lot of research on this subject.

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 2:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• The colors represent 25,000 chemicals that are beneficial.

There are seven color categories:

Red Group (tomatoes, juice, pink grapefruit, watermelon)

Yellow/Green Group (spinach greens, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, yellow corn, green peas, avocado, honeydew melon)

Orange Group (carrots, mangos, apricots, cantaloupes, pumpkin, acorn squash, winter squash, sweet potatoes)

Orange/Yellow Group (pineapple, orange juice, oranges, tangerines, peaches, papayas, nectarines)

Green Group (broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, Chinese cabbage or bok choi, kale)

White/Green Group
    (leeks, scallions, garlic, onions, celery, pears, white wine, endive, chives)

Juice Plus + makes this colorful rainbow diet more easily achievable: fruit, vegetables, berries and grains.

Juice Plus + is the next best thing to fruits and vegetables.
    143JAJL

Answer by 143JAJL at 11:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2008