should i put my newborn baby girl to share bedroom with my 20 month old boy?

i just want to know what other moms would do or have done, pro's and con's of both.

niknak4996

Asked by niknak4996 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Do you have to put them in the same room? The only thing I would worry about is the 20 month old throwing a toy in the babys crib or actually climbing in there. I know my 20 month old was a mover and a get into everything sort of baby so I wouldnt have had a newborn anywhere near him without me there.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with the first answer. If you can, have the newborn in your room for a while. After shes a little older I dont see a problem with it. Except that if one child wakes up crying the other will probably start crying too. Or at least wake up.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My first 3 kids were close together in age.  I waited until the baby was sleeping solidly through the night.  There are 15 months between my oldest 2 and when #2 was 6 months and #1 was 21 months we tried them in the same room.  The only place for the cribs was right next to each other and the first nap time I found the baby burried in everything that had been in the oldest's crib.  He was not happy.  He got his own room after that, lol.

But the next year his little sister was 6 months and he was 19 months and they shared a room for 2 years without any problems and he was out of the crib and using a twin mattress.  He would get up in the night and give the baby her binky when she dropped it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My three kids have always shard a room. They are 1, 2 and 3. My first two are 13 months apart and #2 and #3 are 20 months apart. I kept the newborns in my room until at least 3 months and then switched them over to the crib in the shared room. I haven't had any problems except my dd, #3, does wake up if the boys wake up and are really loud for some reason. But the boys can sleep through anything and don't wake up if she is loud.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:08 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We have a 2 bedroom house and this is what we did with our 3 boys... the 1st got his own room from day 1. The 2nd slept in a bassinet in our room until he was 4 mo old and then he was put in the crib in brother's room. When #3 came along my older boys were 7 and 9. The new baby slept in a bassinet in our room until he was 4 mo old and then he was put in his crib in the boys room.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010