If you had income to support yourself and children would you leave your husband if you were unhappy even though he never cheated on you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• If I loved my husband but was unhappy, I'd first suggest therapy. If he didn't want to try to make things better, then yes. It's not fair to either of you, or the kids to be in an unhappy marriage. Trust me. I know.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• There are 3 reasons I would call it quits no matter what abuse, an addiction or an affair. If its just because I was unhappy I wouldnt I would work on it.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• This bothers me, it sounds like money is what keeps women with their husbands. When I think about it, it is why many stay together. Cheating is not what would be my breaking point.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would have to say yes. As many times as he has threatened to leave me I would love to get up and walk away. But we have a baby on the way and I know sometimes I am not the easiest person to live with especially with my crazy hormones and emotions.
    kbond21

Answer by kbond21 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes to the first and to the second. My ex was very abusive and the kids saw it,,,every single day. I had to get us out for the kids safety as well as mine. It was the most difficult decision I have ever made in my life. I do have income,,,but I tell you what, as a single parent you rely on God,,,,cause the money comes and the money goes and you just have to pray and accept what the good lord gives you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I know divorce sounds very appealing, but it doesn't fix things. The pain is still there, plus new ones. The pain that the children will suffer from a broken family, the pain of the things that will go through your mind. The best thing you can do for yourself, your children and your husband is to stay, try to fix things, get counseling. Try a little experiment, sit down and think of 3 things that you respect about your husband. I know you are hurt and mad, but search for those 3 things and don't get up until you come up with them. Then tell him "I was thinking about you earlier and I want to let you know that I respect you" then walk away and go do something. He will most likely come to you and ask further questions. Be prepared to tell him the 3 things you respect about him. You will be surprised at his response. I know this does not sound like something you are wanting to do, but just do it for your kids
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It depends why you aren't happy, if it selfish reasons then I think you should really think about your children first. They do suffer more when parents separate. I know many will say that if you aren't happy it isn't good for the kids. Well, ask your kids how they would feel. I have two brothers who have both experienced divorce and it has torn their children apart. I think that if parents took the time to think about their childrens feelings first, they wouldn't separate for just any given reason. I pray that you work things out for your child's sake. ♥
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 1:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i dont think so...and i think if i was unhappy i would just work it out
    lefty_69

Answer by lefty_69 at 3:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Sometimes I think your heart will tell it all. You have to be happy so you can provide a happy environment for your children. Being a single parent is hard and moms do it every day. Before leaving have a plan and say to yourself what will I do. You will need a lot of support but remember you are a strong person and you can do it. We all can give you suggestions but you are the only one that knows what your heart is telling you to do. I wish you all the best. "HUGS"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think that it would depend on what was making me unhappy and if it was something that could be fixed. i was very unhappy with my SO for a long time, to the point that i was thinking of cheating on him. i had talked and talked and talked to him about what was making me feel that way and what we could do together to help the relationship, but he never tried to fix anything until i changed the attitude i had about the relationship altogether. i had to do things to keep myself happy whether it where a trip to the mall or a new pair of sandals. but the point is i stayed because it takes both of us to make it work and i had to stop looking at everything that he doing wrong (or not at all) and try to work on myself as well. once he saw my attitude change he started coming around!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010