What would you do if your Son or daughter came to you and said, Mom, I am pregnant or Mom, My Girlfriend is pregnant.

A. Shocked, but say okay. What do you want to do? Then support them

B. Tell them. What the H_ _ _ have you done. You have just ruined your life.

C. Tell them to move out. KICK THEM OUT!!

D. Hug them and tell them we will get through this together. Then support them.

E. Tell them you got into this mess now get out of it.

F. Or would you do something differently if so what would that be.

This is something that I went through as a parent. I was devestated I just wanted to hide. But I supported my daughter with everything I had in me. Before you say anything. I did talk to her all the time about having sex and birth control all the time. I was brought up in a christain home and so was my daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• D, I would also help them raise the baby so they could finish school. And if it were my son I would make sure he was going to be there for her and support her 100%. No son of mine will be a dead beat dad.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• D for sure. And no need to explain these things happen and the only thing you can do is be there for support once the deed is done. To jenae_gist: Just because you want to support your son and help him be there 100% doesn't mean he will and if you try to force him it will make things worse. My oldest son's parents tryed that and the more they pushed the farther away he got, and he blamed me saying I was trying to take over his parents, like I was the one telling them to do it when all along I was telling them to back off. But al they would say in return is our son will not be a deadbeat dad. Not saying that this will be the case for you, and I am sure you have wonderful kids, you just never know how they will react to things.
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:08 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would have to agree with Jenae. If my son were to come to me and say his g/f was pregnant I would insist that he be 100% involved and get a job to support his child. No son of mine will be a dead beat dad either! no way. Hopefully, he will listen to me preaching safe sex and abstinence, but if he does get someone pregnant (which won't happen anytime soon! he's not yet 2!) I would help him with what ever he needs.
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 2:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Give a hug, support, love unconditionally. Help in any way possible to make sure the baby would be healthy and welcomed to our world.
    lewspeach

Answer by lewspeach at 2:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• iwould support my child and the child. I ended up preggo when i was 16 and my boyfriend and I had been together since we were 13 so ya it was a shock cause i was on BC and we did use protection but things happen also I ended up having a MC. It was a rough period in our relationships but everything happens for a reason. When i did get preggo my parents were nothing but supportive and there for us 110% i would do the same for my chilren step/or my own.So ya my answer would be D.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• D. Support them 100% and try to give them good advice without pushing what I wanted on them.
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 9:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Definitely D - no matter how much we talk or how close we are, our children will always do things we don't agree with and sometimes those things can be life altering, and no matter how much it would hurt me or cause sadness knowing what a situation like this could potentially bring on my child...I will love them, support them and guide them the whole way through.

My mother chose C - when I was 17 knowing full well that it would force me to place my child for adoption. I will never forgive her for that and the emotional pain I've endured my whole life because of it. I will never force a decision on my children and if I have to I will support and raise my grandchild until my child is able. That's what families are suppose to do in my opinion support, love and help each other.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• D. That said, unless she was an adult, we would advocate (but not force) adoption.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• D - as a parent, it's my job to be supportive, even if I'm not happy about the situation.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• D in a heartbeat.Would I have wanted and tried for them to have a different path to school,adulthood and parenthood? Of course but what is done is done and the rest can happen with support and love. I was literally locked away in an agency maternity home at 19 till my son was born and forced to give him away.My mother,the father and his parents ganged up on me .The father went back off to college and dated with his parents and my moms encouragement..I would never sentence someone to the life of a birth mother unless there would be danger for the baby.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2010