How young was ur child when they got there tonsilis out

my sons tonsilis are huge but the dr makeing him wait till he is 3. There so big that there touching he doesnt eat alot and doesnt sleep well.

Asked by Truelv21 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My kids are 18 & 16 and have never had to get them out. But when I was 5 I did get mine out and was in the same condition. That was over 33 years ago.
    How old is he? I would think the doctor would give you antibiotics or something until then otherwise it can/will get infected and he may have to hospitalized for dehydration and infection. If this was my child I would be going to another doctor or two, three or four until someone helps with a better solution or maybe surgery sooner.

Answer by Congenial at 3:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My boys are 10 & 6 and still have their tonsils (as do I at 40). If you are mistrusting what the doctor is saying, maybe you should get a second opinion?

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• he will be 2 in december. they give him medicine and while he is taking it they shrink and then when there done they get swollen again.

Comment by Truelv21 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Both my children still have their tonsils. Gosh so do my hubs and me.

Answer by Peajewel at 7:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That hasnt happen and I have my tonsils and so does my hubby.

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 11:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• get a second opinion

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• my dd just turned 2 when she had her adnoids and tonsils taken out and tubes in her ears. but she had ear infections every 2 weeks and sleep apnea so thats why the tonsils and adnoids

Answer by JerzisMommy at 4:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2010