Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What kind of advice would you give a friend whos mother in law keeps calling DHS for no reason.

Answer Question

Asked by redneckmom777 at 2:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 5 (88 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • What is DHS

    Answer by BellaKristy at 2:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • I am sorry about that. DHS. Department of Human Services or Child services.

    Comment by redneckmom777 (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • If it truly is for no reason and the DHS has seen that already I would report her for harassment. She is not only jeopardizing that family as a whole, but that has got to be devastating to those babies. They are young and don't understand the way adults do. All they see is the two people they love the most their Mommy and Daddy being accused of being a bad Mommy and Daddy and they could start blaming themselves. It's a shame that this woman can't see what she is doing to this family for no reason.

    Answer by BellaKristy at 3:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • I would just completely be there for your friend and remind her that she knows the truth about her parenting and she knows in her heart that she is a good momma then that is all that matters. There has to be a reason why her MIl is calling and that reason could be anything from just plain out being jelouse or just like starting drama withion her family. I would cut the women right out of there lives and this childs life and I would also question this Grandmother on why the hell she is starting trouble within her family and why she is doing this to her grandchild/ren.

    Answer by raemommy at 3:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • Wow, that would be terrible. I would have your friend ask DHS what the 'complaint' is about. If it is something valid, then I would advise friend to take care of the issue and make sure it does not happen again. If it is some nonsense claim then I would have friend's husband talk to his mom and tell her to knock it off! Let her know that the calls are unjust and if she keeps it up he can and will take legal action against her, and she will not be allowed to see the children again. I would check with DHS and see what can be done about her calling in false complaints -- I am surprised they don't come back on her and tell her to cut the crap and stop wasting their time with false calls. I would also contact the police and see if there can be a restraining order or harrassment order put against her.
    I wish your friend good luck and hope her mil will just back off and leave her alone!

    Answer by MizLee at 9:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • Wow if it really is " No reason' then I would be cutting ties with her and changing me number.

    Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • If she does it too often DHS will handle her and she could end up facing charges of her own! As for your friend, tell her to do things as normal, if she's doing nothing wrong they will see that!

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.