Did you work when you were about 15? I sure did!

These spoiled kids think they never have to do anything, I can't wrap my head around it!!! She knows what she needs to do, but her friends do not work-great example, UGH

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 2:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• My parents owned a business so i grow up knowing that you work and you work as hard as you possibles can. So yes i was working and paying for things for myself before i was 15 but ya I did move out and have my own place at 17 and I had money in bank and a new car and things to show for all the work i did do. I didn't start a family till I was 29 and I had my first and only child at 30. I still work 40+ hours a week but at the end of the day my family comes first and my work life stays at work.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Oh yea. It was not at a air conditioned store either. I worked in the fields loading hay and in the stables taking care of horses!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, I didn't unless you count babysitting jobs. My parents always told me that being a kid was my job. My job was to work hard at school and get good grades. I also played on sports teams. I had jobs I had to do around the house. I got a hand-me down car from my parents. With my babysitting money I usually paid for the gas and gave them some toward insurance. But my parents continued to provide my needs, such as if I needed new clothes and shoes. With how our house was run I developed a very good work ethic and understood that things weren't just handed over to me.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:03 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I wanted to, but my parents told me if I got a job they would take my car away (that they pay for!) <---confusing! I know...and that they wouldn't take me to work either! WTH?!?! My parents have never supported anything Ive wanted to do in my life. But I am certinly not a spoiled brat, and am actually responsible with money. I dont think I missed out much with not having a job at 15ish, exp for work experiance.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Sure did! My little brothers & sisters just don't know how good they have it lol..
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 8:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had a job and I think it helped teach me good work ethic...which I think kids these days lack...
    jtmommyN

Answer by jtmommyN at 8:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I was working at 12. I sold programs at football games and made 35 cents for each one I sold.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yeah i was working at the philadelphia zoo
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 8:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• at 14 years old
    Inheritingkids

• I was working before that on the family farm/ranch.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010