Do you ever think that magazines and TV shows should support, promote and show off good parenting habits instead of showing off how horrible celebs are at parenting and how mothers let their 1 year olds eat donuts and McDonald all day !!?? (with out ignoring the real things that happen like recalls and such

Zandrialeann

Asked by Zandrialeann at 2:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• some times I get so pissed!! I never read magazines for this resin they only ever show bad parenting skills!! I read in the local news paper here that Oregon (the state i live in) had the highest .. LOW birth rate OF ALL 50 states!! ARE you kidding me!?!?!?!?!?! Oh and we have the highest meth and crack head population these kids need to learn about what is RIGHT and if they wont lesion to thier parents (IF they arnt doing drugs to) put it into something they do lesion to!
    Zandrialeann

Comment by Zandrialeann (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Most kids at that age dont listen to their parents, I know I tried not to but my mom was very persistent! I do believe that a more positive outlook on things would be good for everyone. Yeah we need to know the bad stuff, but could we have some good stuff too!?
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• So is what your saying is that you want to teach your children though TV and Magazines?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Don't look to television, join the PTA and kids sports teams (soccer, baseball, football, basketball, tennis, dance, etc.) There you will find active involved parents and happy children. Girls scouts and boy scouts, 4H, church groups. The list goes on and on.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think if TV was like this I would go crazy. I like seeing others mess up in a fictional was so I can laugh and say "not me" I do watch the news and my kids all discuss things that are inappropriate. But The entertainment industry inst responsible for teaching my kids about anything. That is my job.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2010