How can I get my son to stay sleep in his own bed.

I'll start the night off with him sleep in his own bed but at 3am he seems to make his way back into my bed. Then if I take him back its a all night fight until I give in.

Marinesweeti

Asked by Marinesweeti at 2:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's old enough to cry it out. Just check on him every once in a while and show him your not giving in. Be persistant. I know we all don't like our babies crying but as old as he is it won't hurt him. Don't talk to him or pick him up. Just check on him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• depends on how old he is at 3 am you may just want to lay in bed with him until he falls back asleep then leave . Maybe he has nightmares .You could put night lights up . Does he have special toys he likes ?? MAybe he could sleep with them .They have some great cds to help kids sleep . Eventually he will sleep through the night just hang in there
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 10:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Haha DONT GIVE IN!! I have two willful boys and I know this! It a pain in the you-know-what for about two weeks, but once they're broken they stay that way! My 24 month old was really bad at this since he nursed and slept in bed with me for overa year, but I got him a cool "big boy" bed (his big bro's old one) and spiderman blankets, and stuffed animals to hold so he doesn't feel alone. AND when he wanted to fuss about sleeping in his bed, the toddler bed was big enough for me to sit and rub his head until he fell asleep, then leave. Overall, don't sweat it- you know he won't sleep in bed with you forever, and you'll miss it later!
    bekabunnie

Answer by bekabunnie at 10:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• my son was the same way...we didnt give in or at least daddy didnt he would go in the room with him and would make me stay in the bed. and they would go back and forth all night and he wouldnt budge..he kept puttin him in the bed. it took about a week for him to get the point that we werent lettin him in our room or at least daddy wasnt.

ARMYWiFEnSAHM

Answer by ARMYWiFEnSAHM at 11:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2008