Leave it to my Mother

Do you have a Mother or Mother-in-law that is always there to tell you what to do and when? What is one time you Mother / Mother-in-law should have listened to you? What happened? By sharing, maybe we all could learn something from you!

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My MIL proceeded to tell me while I was in pain and sick while pregnant with my 4th Child that even though I was put on bed rest because I was 7months and dialting that I should be able to get up make dinner clean the house and take care of the other 3 kids ie homework and getting them into bed while my husband sat his butt on the coach. I wanted to slap her! As I told her me and my husband share responsibilities in the house I normally work out of the home and go to school even with all that I still do majority of the house work and dealing with the kids. He is perfectly capable handling the kids and house for two months. remembering that has my blood boiling, ugh!
    MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Answer by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 7:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, my mother in law believes in healthy boundaries, thank God, lol.
    mamapaparazzi

Answer by mamapaparazzi at 6:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have a very demanding MIL. We have a very high intensity, sensitive baby girl. She gave my baby (who has food allergies) a healthy helping of wheat porridge while babysitting, after I told her my DD would react to the porrige she bought. We had a hellish night we had
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes I tell them both to bite me and mind their own business if they don't I point out their faults which way out number mine.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My mil hasn't got the stones to tell me what to do. She never parented anyone in her life, and her opinion is worth as much as used toilet paper. Long, long ago, she would ask me 'this is only to criticize you' questions, but I stomped that out right quick --mostly by very bluntly making it clear that it was absolutely none of her business and she didn't know what she was talking about so she should change the subject.

My mother, on the other hand, has always been tremendously supportive and respectful.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• nope
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010