What is a really good face wash for adult skin?

My face is dry in places and oily in just a few spots. I've tried all sorts of face washes but none of them seem to work very well. If you have tried something and like it please let me know. Any type is ok, looking for organic ones too. Thank you

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 5:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Burt's Bees makes a nice cleanser called Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. I have combination skin and it works great. It's 100% natural, too.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I like St. Ives apricot scrub... it's gentle enough for dry skin but really gets it clean :).
    mamapaparazzi

Answer by mamapaparazzi at 6:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i have really difficult skin and i've never bought the same thing twice, in the last ten years, because i've never found anything that works. neutrogena makes my favorite thing so far, i will definitely buy it again, it's in a blue pump bottle and says it even removes waterproof mascara... forget the name. but it takes off my heavy makeup. i use neutrogena rapid clear toner which has kicked the collective ass of my chin/cheek breakouts... it's awesome stuff
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I like the St. Ives apricot scrub, very gentle. But depends on what type of mostruizer you use too..What all are you using?
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• St. Ives Apricot scrub for sensitive skin.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I love Lush facial cleansers.  I use Angels on Bare Skin for my combination skin most of the year and I use Aquamarina in the winter when my skin gets very dry.  I also use Dark Angels twice a week (once in the winter) for a deep cleansing.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser for combo/oily skin would probably be a great option for you.

mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 1:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I use Olay daily facials....I love them! they work great, but dont try using the off brand, they smell weird! and to save money u can cut them in half and make a months supply last for 2
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I used Olay and it made my face worse, I think there is something in the ingredients that don't agree with me.
    SophiaofLight

Comment by SophiaofLight (original poster) at 6:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I interchange St. Ives Apricot scrub and their olive cleanser :) Dermatologist suggests to minimize the use of facial soaps with scrubs to just twice/thrice in a week.
    Almonds

Answer by Almonds at 9:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2010