Whats the difference from republican, democratic, independent,green party, no political affiliation?

is it one for the rich and the other one for the poor because thats what i've heard?

Which of the following political parties do you support?

Democratic Party
Green Party
Independent
Republican Party
Other
No political affiliation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Did you see the mini series John Adams on HBO? You could rent it or see it on demand. It takes place when America was first established. The first 13 colonies. It really shows the begining of the two parties (not I though) and the true differences in the beliefs. That is why Im so suprised Moms here writing political stuff supporting this and that, and Im not really sure they even know the difference. If you are a buisness owner, or support small buisness, not your local economy, not something like Walmart. you more likely would be a republican. Why more people don't look at politics like their own religion, I have no idea. such as, Im catholic, but I use birth control. Sometimes you have to look at the whole picture. no one can agree on everything. Please look at what these senators actually do in senate, before making a decision, you'll be suprised.
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have never really understood why people pick republican or democrat. Shouldn't you vote on who YOU think is best qualified? Not just because they are republican or democrat?

I vote on who I think is the best fit, has good morals, good ideas, is a strong candidate and can help the country. Regardless of which party they are from etc.
    MichelleWMama2B

Answer by MichelleWMama2B at 2:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have voted Democratic, Independent, and Republican. I, however, lean toward Free Market idealogies and those tend to lend itself to the Republican Party. I am a registered Independent.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Independent! And I really like MichelleWMama2B's answer.
    EricaAbbott

Answer by EricaAbbott at 8:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Republican party and I am no where near rich. I am living the life of a stay at home mom and soldier's wife. I was raised a Republican, I married a Republican, and I stand by Conservative Republican ideals, except the religious side of things. I am an athiest, so i do not use religion to support my political view points at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I usually go with the Libertarian party for most stances, however this year I am voting Democrat.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 10:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• This is my first election. I was raised strictly repbulican, but now that I'm an independent adult I'm a democrat =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Traditionally There used to be one "party" then when the Civil war came around and the states got back together they split up... Republicans were generally Northerners, Dems where Southerners, now some time has passed and its mixed a bit. Republicans are for smaller Government, and less interventions, they wanted the slaves to be freed (what I learned in History class LOL dont know if its TRUE on that one) Dems wanted the slaves to remain, BUT they wanted their slaves to count as a percentage of a person... (I THINK 2/3 vote for each one white person) they wanted it so they could get more reps in the house of reps.
    cont.
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 11:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• cont.
    Republicans tend to be more religious and Dems support more "social" interventions (SS, and welffare,etc)
    Green party tends to be environmental
    independant and no affliation lets you choose for yourself just means that you can and do go for either more or less equally...
    I tend to lean toward Rep, BUT I vote for whoever I agree with more... and often its Democrat....
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 11:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2008