HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE TO GET OVER STREP THROAT?

MY TWO OLDEST CHILDREN HAVE HAD STREP TROAT. BOTH HAVE BEEN ON ANTIBIOTICS FOR 4-5 DAYS. MY SON IS DOING BETTER BUT MY DAUGHTER IS STILL RUNNING FEVER . WE HAVE ALL HAD STREP BEFORE ,IT JUST SEEMS LIKE WE GOT OVER IT A LOT SOONER. THANKS FOR ANY FRIENDLY ADVICE.

marzee215

Asked by marzee215 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• when me or my son gets strep, we have symptoms for at least 2 weeks. even if we're on antibiotics. most of the times, symtoms are 3 weeks. but if the fever doesn't go away in a day or 2 i'd call the doc, maybe the antibiotic isn't working for her.
    Hartbrayka

Answer by Hartbrayka at 12:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Usually when I get strep it goes away within 2 days after meds, but this last time it lasted 5 days after meds. I was so freaking miserable, but it did go away eventually! I would give it 2 more days, and if your not feeling any better, you should call the dr.
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 2:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2008