If I thaw my babies food by putting the container in a bowl of hot water, can i put it in the fridge once it's thawed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on how soon you're going to use it.
    The food is already precooked, so it really has no effect if you thaw it in hot water. There are safe food temperatures, so as long as the food isn't sitting for a period of time in the "danger zone" of above 40 degrees to just under 70 degrees, you'll be fine.
    That's the equivalent of above fridge temperature, to a room temperature.
    As a rule of thumb, with baby food, I would thaw it in cold water and then refrigerate until ready to use. Heat it when you are just about ready for baby to eat it. Microwaving baby food isn't really a good idea, so this option is much better.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 9:39 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i don't know about baby food but i know most any other food you shouldnt thaw in hot water...use cold
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think so - just know that it's not good for very long after that. You should chuck it after only a day or so.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If you want to thaw it but not use it right away, just stick it in the frig and maybe by the time you're ready to use it, it will be thawed.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010