My Mother thinks breastfeeding is disgusting so she gave DD chocolate milk today!

I am outraged! She tired to force her to drink from a bottle when she was younger, but DD would not go for it. (thankfully). Today I found out she has been putting chocolate milk in my daughter's sippy to "break" her from breastfeeding.

I really feel like screaming at the top of my lungs! I've thought, never had proof, that she was giving her coffee and cola in her sippy before too. (found a sippy at her house with both in them), but she denied it.

What to do, what to do! UGHH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Do not let her take care of her anymore. I'm sorry, that is your daughter and if she can not respect that then she can't see dd...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I would remind her that your daughter is a baby human, not a baby cow, and I would also let her know that if she keeps it up she'll only be allowed supervised visitation since she doesn't have the sense not to give baby unhealthy things.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• my mom id go ape shit and probaby hit her but my mom is ab anyways lol man thats messed up tell her that its not her child its your and she has no tright to do that
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• oh i would be so mad if my mom ever did that. I wouldn't let her take care of her bherself.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• What a bitch! i'd definitely keep the kid away form her until she can respect your decision to breastfeed!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You really can't stop her without removing her access to your child. Does she sit for you daily? She has to respect your choices and decisions just like any other daycare provider would. The caffeine in those beverages could actually be harmful to your child- show her a comparison of bf versus formula, and also what caffeine can do to little ones (like stunt their growth!)
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 3:56 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It's not her choice. It's not disgusting either. That milk is there for a reson. It's natural. She is basically thinking Breast Milk is disgusting but cow milk that comes from a cow isn't? Quit letting her be around your child without you.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 5:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Wow, milk, coffee, cola......tell her that she is irresponsible and putting your DD's health at risk and that she will no longer be able to see your child outside of your supervision. If she's starting to undermine you already.....imagine what the future will be if you don't put a stop to it now.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm with the other Mom's.. stop the unsupervised visits. If she will give your child something like that now, what's she going to go against you on later? I have heard tho that with add adhd that coffee/caffeine helps to calm them down, is it possible she's doing it for that reason? You didn't say how old the child is, so it is a thought since she's giving her a sippy cup I'm assuming she's a toddler.
    good luck to you and I hope you don't cut her off completely but she's got to follow the rules. She should've atleast put them up before you got there if it was for your child.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• How in the freak does caffeine calm an ADHD kid down? Caffeine=hyper child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2008