What's your best home remedies?

When we get sick in our house my husband makes this onion garlic tea, he says it a mexican remedy he learned from his grandmother. It really dooes work, for me someone who doesn't like meds, I love this remedy!

So, what's you favorite working remedy?

MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Asked by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 7:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honey in tea is a good cough suppressant, and if you put VIcks Vapo Rub on the bottom of your kids feet then put socks on them, it helps stop coughing..I don't know why, but I swear it works!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My kids are all boys , very rough and when solething happens and one is bleeding, if it does not require stiches, I get it to stop bleeding amd crack an egg and use that membrane to put on the wound. And leave there till it gets dry and falls off. Pretty good at minimizing. Scarage!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Honey works great as an antiseptic, you can smear it on cuts and then cover it with gauze. Honey also works well in tea, it has natural antibodies in it, especially if you use the local brand. For coughs, cut up 3 lemons, add a bunch of sugar and water, place in a pot and boil. Take off heat and add honey to it. Let it cool a bit and drink it, it totally works wonders. And some women I know swear sage tea works wonders for hot flashes in menopause. Clove oil works on a toothache, better than the over the counter stuff. And a little baking soda in a glass of water is great for heartburn. (not for anyone on a low sodium diet tho)
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my kids grandmother told me to burn white flour in a pan till it browned and use for diaper rash...........that was 21 years ago and it hasn't failed me with any of children.......in fact i have told other people and they were surprised
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 8:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• toothpaste on a bee/wasp sting
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The vapor rub thing is awesome how did you find that out?
    MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Comment by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010