Okay, dumb question, but I must know...(maybe TMI)

We've been using KY since I've been a little dry lately (not for lack of arousal, I promise!), and I heard that some lubricants can be harmful to sperm... It's just regular old KY, nothing special about it. Does anyone know if this lube could prevent us from concieving?

cskomk0106

Asked by cskomk0106 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I only use KY and it has never stopped us from concieving. Lack of proper lube did though, that is why we used it to begin with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think its only bad if it says "spermicidal" on the bottle, but i could be wrong...
    MichelleWMama2B

Answer by MichelleWMama2B at 3:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• thanks!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 3:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes, it has been shown to be less than helpful with sperm. They have something called "pre seed" that mimics the fluid that sperm thrives in. If you have been having problems then I'd consider not using KY....or saliva.
    Anonymous