OMG, I'm so tired

My son was restless all night long, i'm working off around 40mins sleep and I have plans with my mom that I cant cancel. He's going to sleep the whole morning I bet and come afternoon he NEVER sleeps. I cant even keep my eyes open now. I don't drink caffeine AT ALL so what will that do to my son (breastfeeding) is he going to get all jittery or something since I don't drink caffeine ever?

Nienna7477

Asked by Nienna7477 at 7:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends. Some kids don't react at all to a small amount, others go nuts. You just have to test it and see.
    piscesmommy123

Answer by piscesmommy123 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He might react to it. I would just wait until after you breastfeed him and then drink the caffeine. It will give the caffeine more time to go through your body before he breastfeeds again.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• With DS I did drink coffee while I breastfed, I couldn't help it. I was so tired. It didn't make him jittery. He would just get a little gassier than normal & maybe a little cranky, but for me it was worth it b/c it helped me stay up so I could care for him. I don't think a small amount will hurt him.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010