Gettysburg PA?

Have you visited there and is there plenty to do? Did you enjoy it? Thanks!

elizabr

Asked by elizabr at 7:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Travel

• I went about 10 years ago and I loved it. It truly is like going back in time, everything is kept historic. You can tour the battlefield which is amazing to see and much larger than most people think, it takes a day to tour the whole thing. And going to the college which is really old is a must. They have a ghost walk which is a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it. Lots of little shops, bakeries and good places to eat. You can see where Lincoln read the Gettysburg Address and the cemetary. Fall is really pretty there. It's just a nice place to go back in time. If you like history, you would like it there. And Cashtown which is close by is also a good place to go visit.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I went last year and had a very good time. It is worth it to hire a private guide. You go in your own car around the battlefield. We actually stayed in a nearby town instead of in Gettysburg. If you stay in Lititz you will be near the Wibur chocolate factory. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I live about a half hour from Gettysburg. We go there at least once a year. There is a lot to do like SophiaofLight said.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We were there a little over 2 years ago and it was awesome :) We spent the day just roaming all over the area(s) with our DD and took LOTS of pictures! It was a great experience and WELL worth a full day!
    Later found out my DH's late late grand-father (way back) fought at Gettysburg in the Peach Orchid and some other spot!
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010