Do you ever shop at Goodwill or thrift stores?

Goodwill has changed a lot and have never worn clothes. I had a lot of fun shopping there last time. And at thrift shops I have found barely worn expensive clothes. What has been your experience? Do you ever shop for furniture there? I haven't but am thinking of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All the time! We could shop most anywhere, I suppose but I prefer to shop thrift stores. They're more interesting to me:-) Some things you just HAVE to get new though.
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 1:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I love shopping at thrift stores. It's like a treasure hunt. I dont always find clothes because if they are my size (if I'm lucky at all to find plus size ) the clothes tend to be unflattering. But because my pocketbook is tiny and my son is very rough on furniture, I do buy furniture from there. We've gotten some pretty good deals and the stuff that we pick out looks very nice and well kept. They are mostly clean but I clean them anyway when I get them home. Mostly I find books and sometimes decorative items, if i can find something retro that I like. That's rare but it happens.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have shopped at Goodwill and Thriftstores but I have never bought furniture from there!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 7:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yep all the time!!!! I usually don't shop at goodwill anymore b/c ive seen clothes there that cost more then at a store but I go thrifting all the time,I'm even going today to shop for my son. There is a great one called just between friends that is all ove rhte country and has lots of kids clothes and toys!! Furniture I have not bought thrifting before but only b/c I didnt need any pieces at the time.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yes.....you have to have time to actually search tho
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• not usually but i did go yesterday to look for an outfit for my halloween costume idea..and i was amazed i found it..first place i looked! got my costume for under 10 dollars! and i'm gonna be smoking hot! They had the costume in the party store for 40 dollars and i thought to myself i could put that together myself and make it look 10x better and i did!!! i'm excited
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I sure do. When you go there find out about their sales. Our Salvation Army has clothes half off every Wednesday. There is a military day and a senior day. Another thrift has a different sale every day. About once a week it is half off furniture.
    Many of our thrifts have bag sale days. That is where all the clothes that you can put in a bag are only 5 to 7 dollars. You can really stuff them in and get a whole season of clothes for very little.
    We live in a military town and they move a lot. Because of that they clean out and donate all the time and our thrifts are very well stocked. It also makes for fantastic garage sales. Clothes 25 cents to a dollar a piece. Don't forget freecycle.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• All the time
    It's like a whole other world you never know what you will find even when not looking
    Love it
    @tootoobusy I am at the Salvation Army every Wednesday too!!
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 8:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes,I do. Besides clothes,etc. I have found a lot of books and they are so inexpensive compared to shopping even at a Used Book store.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• LOVE IT!

Some of the coolest stuff i've bought was at the thrift store. Before going to department stores, i ALWAYS check the thrift store first.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010