What can you laugh about?

What kind of humor do you like? Black or dry humor, slapstick, british, other people's mishabs, loony tunes, dirty jokes, what?

As for me: It depends on my mood, but basically I prefere humor that makes you smile and think. Not the loud, straight forward, ridiculing other people stuff. Slapstick is also nice. I love to sit and watch some good old Charlie Chaplin with my 3 year old.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

•  No offense to beeky...lol,. but british comedy is one of the few I don't find funny....None taken:)

British humour and American humour are very different.  You won't get British humour unless you understand it.  French humour is different again and I personally don't like it.  Have you ever watched the Just for Laughs gags?   The french find it hilarious but I find it scary and dangerous.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm British so my humour is dry and sarcastic.  My dh is the same and our oldest dd is too.  You should have heard us last night when my youngest needed help with her homework.  She had to answer questions about Terry Fox and the dry humour was flying thick and fast.  I had tears pouring down my face lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• try some Betty White - lol have you looked her up yet, yesterday, you said you did not know who she is

i love all kinds of humor but..
    i do not like the videos where people smash into things, when it looks like they have gotten hurt
    jokes in poor taste, dirty jokes not so much-depends
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• DH & i can be very sarcastic. But, i like all kinds of humor really. No offense to beeky...lol,. but british comedy is one of the few I don't find funny....but DH LOVES IT though! I like family guy stuff....i like laughing at stuff i really shouldn't be laughing at...lol. I love slapstick, i like in your face, making fun of everyone type stuff too. I just like to laugh....lots of things make me laugh, I have a wide variety of comedic taste.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I like childish humor or British humor. I don't like when somebody falls or may be hurt, I don't like food wasting humor- pies in the face, food fights, like that. I don't like humor where someone is embarrassed or sadly surprised. I don't like racial or ethnic humor.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• sarcasm or dry humor... Black Books is the funniest series ever lol
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I like all kinds of humor. There have been alot of times that humor and laughing have help get me thru hard times.
    catastrophy

Answer by catastrophy at 11:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I mostly can laugh at other's expense... JUST JOKING..... I can laugh at myself and every day humor. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor. I think people take themselves too seriously sometimes:-)
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 1:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010