Has anyone ever delivered at baby at 36 wks or been induced at 36 wks and still be able to take baby home with you???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know a girl that had a 35 week and 4 day baby and it was in NICU and on oxygen, then CPAP. It was in NICU for at least a week.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It really all depends on how much your baby weighs. I had twins at 36 weeks (note with two babies, they are usually smaller then one but depends on the baby), and they were both over five pounds at birth. Since they were over five pounds and there were no health problems, they were both able to go home with me.
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I delivered my fourth child at 36 weeks -- all was fine.
    mom2zats

Answer by mom2zats at 8:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i had mine at 36, his lungs were fine but he was detoxing from the drugs they had me on so he was in there five days. gl
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I was induced at 36 wks with my son, due to medical reasons. He was fine, I got to bring him home after 2 days. My youngest was 3 weeks and 6 days early and she was fine too.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Mine came at 36 weeks. He was kept there until he reached 5 lbs, he was fine.

Answer by Bmat at 8:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had an emergency c-section at 35 wks, baby weighed 5lbs 1.5 oz. I had to stay in hospital for 6 days, but he was fine to take home earlier. He weighed 4lbs 11oz when we brought him home from the hospital.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i had planned c section one month early
    she did get steroid shots for her lungs twice in my butt two days before and one day before
    she was 6 lbs, 3 oz and fine, lungs fine, under lamp for only onehour,
    GAINED weight before we left hospital, in for thee days because of c section, not 24 hour in and out
    but i bet she could have left in 24 hour time
    her ped doc even did not do the premie test eval because she was so fine (test s done on all babies born that many weeks early)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:52 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That is early, but it will depend on the individual baby. Just do what is best for you and the baby.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had my son at 35 weeks and he is completely normal and I was able to take him home with me.
    jtmommyN

Answer by jtmommyN at 9:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010