What's the most awful thing that you've heard being said in the delivery room?

My cousin just had a baby 2 days ago. Her mom was her only support in there with her and she said "They go in a lot easier then they come out, don't they?" I laughed my ass off, but that's the worse thing I've ever heard of being said, right in middle of her having hard labor. I think I would have kicked my mom out, lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• ha my nurse said should we cut her so she doesnt tear and my dr said no we give new moms 20 hours of pushing before we do that .. i was like what?!?!?! she was such a B im so glad i havae a guy this time lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• lmao, right after I had my first daughter, my ex-husband said, well, that didn't look so hard. I wanted to kill him!
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I heard the doctor and nurse actually arguing about running out of sutures. And him asking her to have ER bring more and her telling him what if there is an emergency, the ER wouldn't have any. The doctor said sooo you are saying let her bleed to death...go...get ...the sutures    Crazy a@@ woman

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I attended the birth of a beautiful, young, African American woman and her husband. When the baby was delivered he was VERY light skinned, like many are, it takes a few days for pigment to develop. The mommy looked at her husband and asked if he was DEFECTIVE for making a light skinned baby and threw him out of the room!! It took several of us to explain to her that the baby would likely develop a darker complexion in a few days before she apologised and let him back in. She later admited that she had intentionally thrown him out because she was afraid that he'd think the baby wasn't his because of his light skin! Poor thing!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• The worst thing was when Alex was being born. There was a problem, his heartbeat had gone down to the 30's. The doctor gave the resident doctor the scalpel to perform the c section and she said "I don't think I can do it" and he said "yes, you can, do it now". They didn't think Alex would be alive and they'd taken all the monitors off when we went from the delivery room to the operating room.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• my husband yelled at me to shut the f up he was trying to talk to his mom while i interupted him by being in labor. i made him pay. also my grandpa was in the room and he was looking at my daughter crown when my grandma yelled"george get your head from between her legs so i can get a picture". it dawned on me then what else was down there besides the baby and i kicked them both out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• OP--> I think that is hilarious!! And true!! :)
    yakamoz

Answer by yakamoz at 6:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My husband said, "damn it, listen to me". That was one of his own coaching statements. The nurse looked at him and said, "She's doing a good job". Thanks nurse, I needed that. I realized then he might be a little controlling (fat chance with me - ha! what an a-hole )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I had just had a needle put into my spinal cord when i heard my doctor say: "Have these instruments been sterilized?" To which the nurses reply was: "NO" If i could have run out of there i would have.
    Makia2005

Answer by Makia2005 at 7:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• When my daughter was born my doctor looked at her and said "OMG...I have never seen that before" and my husband looked at her and said "Wow." And they started counting 1...2...3. My doctor looked up at me and said that is the longest cord I have ever seen, it was wrapped around her neck three times LOOSELY.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2008