Should porn be illegal?

Well I figure if prostitution is illegal shouldn't porn be illegal also? Are they not having sec for money? I mean is it because they are both being paid IDK. What do you think?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• very valid point. i don't see the difference. however, i would be superbummed if i had to hide my porn from the government lol
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• well, i never thought so before recently
    but lately i am so sick of the whole porn thing
    this is a great idea
    a bit Big Brother, but sign me up
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• There is a difference. In Pornography, both participants are being paid...in prostitution, it's only the prostitute who gets paid, or her pimp. I think it's the pimp part that makes it so it should be illegal. Those girls don't necessarily get the money they're "earning."

If two adults are consenting to the act, why does it matter if money changes hands? And hey, if you get your rocks off by watching two consentual adults copulate, that's your choice.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The government is not suppose to control everything. A law would not stop it. It would cost extra taxes to try and enforce this. No.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:03 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• – collapse
    No, I really think it is disgusting and wacko but it should not be illegal. The people who make porn movies probably have no concept of morals and probably have had just as horrible a childhood and upbringing as the prostitutes have, but making it illegal does no good. Personally,I would like to see prostitutes and porn stars get years of therapy and rehabilitation to become healthy and normal human beings...if it is possible. The whole industry sucks and gives people the idea that multiple sex partners and watching sex are okay. But it is not. It is sick.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Well.. honestly.. until recently, I didnt think the whole world was into this whole porn thing. I, myself , am disgusted in the fact that it's out there. But i also understand everyone has their own opinions about the subject. Even though I don't like it being out in the world, i don't think it should be illegal, I do, however, think everything on the internet shouldnt be covered in it . Have you ever tried to download a movie for your child and burn it off to find out its porn ?? I have, and its not appreciated at all.
    NeedingBabyDust

Answer by NeedingBabyDust at 9:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• gertie, just saying that is your opinion. Not all porn stars have had bad childhoods and not all; prostitutes have had bad childhoods either. Most are healthy normal human beings.
    delilahsmom1177

Comment by delilahsmom1177 (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Needing, that never happened to me, but my MIL was in search of custom tea bags for her book opening and that resulted in some pictures she did NOT want to be seeing!
    delilahsmom1177

Comment by delilahsmom1177 (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That is a good point and i thought about this for a min. but i must say there is a difference. Prostitution is one person selling her services to someone. Porn is both are selling their body for entertainment. I am not sure how i could describe that. I am also not in favor of Prostitution but in my opinion it should not be illegal. It is the oldest profession and the more you try to keep it away the more it is wanted...but that is just my opinion
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, I don't believe it should be illegal.
    piscesmommy123

Answer by piscesmommy123 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010