Do you use LinkedIn?

Is this helpful to you and your career or not? Someonne asked to add me today and I have no idea what it is!! Can they add me if I didn't even join the site?

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 9:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, I use it and use it often. It's a business networking site. And, no, they can't add you without joining the site, but you can send you an invite to ask you to join.

In order to make it useful, you have to join groups. The can be groups for the type of business you're in, the college to went to, places you worked, hobbies you have.

If you have any more specific questions, pm me.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I use it. I haven't looked for a new job since I joined, but I keep in touch with some of my former coworkers and graduate school classmates on it. One of my software user groups also uses it as a forum.

You have to confirm that you know the person for you to be added to his/her network, even if you have already joined the site.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We tried it for a while for my husband's business, but we really didn't receive any traffic from it.
    Kentuckygal511

Answer by Kentuckygal511 at 9:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I've wondered the same thing.
    CCMOMCA

Answer by CCMOMCA at 9:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010