What is left for me to try ?

My boyfriend and I are very committed to each other, and ready to settle down, but he wants another child, and so do I .. ( he already has a 3 yr old son ) we have been trying for a child for a little over a year. I went to see a specialist and did blood tests to see if i was infertile. The tests came back perfect, I can get pregnant. ( Well i knew i could, I was pregnant for another man 2 years back but had a miscarriage which was said due to stress ) But this hasnt been a stressful relationship.. and shouldnt he be able to make a child if he already has one ? What could I be doing wrong ? I dont know what else there is for me to do , and im losing hope. Please, help.

NeedingBabyDust

Asked by NeedingBabyDust at 9:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well if all your testing came back fine then you just need to relax and enjoy being with him. Have you been taking prenatal vitamins?? Proper nutrition can up your chances.Next time you decide to try think about how much you love him. Concentrate on his movements and how they make you feel. I agree the stress from wanting a baby so bad is making your body acidic and killing sperm before they have a chance. He should also make sure he's getting his vitamins so he can produce a higher quality sperm. And yes a healthy couple can take up to a year and a half to conceive. after which you might want to be checked for blocked tubes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• maybe he isnt actually the baby daddy..you could have him tested..his other women could be lying and saying that the child is his. have his sperm checked.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• we've been ttc for the past 6 months....anything i've read and asked, moms have told me it can take u to 18 months...don't lose hope,..maybe it's just not the right time for the two of you to get pregnant..are you charting your ovulation and stuff? don't ask me how to do it, bc i have no clue,..lol it's just some other questions i've seen come up in this forum. it'll happen when the time is right. good luck and don't lose hope!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• thank you so much.. and shay1130, yes he is the baby's daddy, even though the mother wasnt loyal.. he did have a DNA test when the baby was born, not to mention, they both look exactly alike .
    I have only now for the past seven months been charting my ovulation.
    Thank you both,
    I'll try not to lose help, but i am really starting to wonder what could be the leading factor.
    NeedingBabyDust

Comment by NeedingBabyDust (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My girlfriend tried for YEARs to get pregnant when she was first married. Went through lots of invitro and had finally given up. They were finally starting the adoption process when she got pregnant. Her OB thought it was because she stopped trying so hard - that was the stress factor for them. Now her kids are 15.5, 13 and 9. Relax, and have lots of sex. Good luck!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 9:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• : ) Thanks so much Meggie Swan, Relaxing may not be my strongest point .. I do admit I have been really stressed about trying to get pregnant. My Boyfriend keeps telling me its the reason why i am not pregnant, he keeps telling me to just relax and things will fall into place.. but .. easier said than done .
    NeedingBabyDust

Comment by NeedingBabyDust (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You are absolutely right, cant believe i didnt see that before, and I should be thinking about how much i love him instead of worrying about if i can or cant have a baby. After all, love is what makes new life isnt it ? Thank you so much, and I will definitely look into getting those vitamins !
    NeedingBabyDust

Comment by NeedingBabyDust (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010