If you suspected that a cousin has been sexually molested would you allow your child to spend the night with them? adult content

We are suspecting that 2 of our cousins have been sexually molested and have been told by our 6 y/o that one of the cousins tries to touch his penis. Would you allow them to spend the night together at grandmas house? Trying to detemine if they are just boys messing around or if he is imitating what has happened to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• When in doubt, don't.

Poor kids. Good luck with this.

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with Bmat, when in doubt, don't. If you really think that the kids are being abused, do whatever you can to help them.
    piscesmommy123

Answer by piscesmommy123 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Given what you said, no.
    CCMOMCA

Answer by CCMOMCA at 9:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You have a responsibility to report this and get further information.
    No, I would not.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, i would not.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i would not let them stay, my mil does foster and adopting most kids had been molested and almost everytime they tried what happened to them on the younger kids. i wouldnt let my son ever stay wo me there
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, I would not. But I would find out what is going on...Good luck with this
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would not let my kids spend the night if you are not sure about this. But also i would try to take the situation a bit more under the magnifying glass and find out for sure if that is happening. first of all because that is some accusation and because if it is true you want to get those kids into safety as soon as possible. do not let this go on any longer if you suspect that they have to endure that.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would say NO as well. (listen to your Mom gut)
    luvmykidz037

Answer by luvmykidz037 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. It's important to trust your instinct in these situations. You can report this anonymously so that the situation gets checked out but you don't cause a family feud.
    sallysally

Answer by sallysally at 9:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2010