How do I explain to my two year old what "birthday" means?

It's my son's second birthday tomorrow and I feel like when I explain to him what to expect with presents and cake and candles he has no clue what I'm talking about. Any ideas of how to get him excited and not confused for the big day tomorrow would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Jsut let it happen and he will get it. Show him pics when he was a baby and right before the party tell him you are having a party for the day you got him when he was a baby.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• tell him its a big party just for him.
    mom_of_3_9937

Answer by mom_of_3_9937 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It will be difficult for him to understand what a birthday is because he has nothing to compare it to (at least not that he remembers). Maybe try watching some videos of other children having their birthday's and excitedly tell him about his birthday tomorrow. Tell him how there will be cake and presents and everyone will sing happy birthday. Good luck!
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 9:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2010