Lower Abdomen Pressure

33 weeks pregnant and am having pressure in my lower abdomen on and off. The pressure started off lasting for about 2 mins, goes away and now it's lasting for about 15 seconds. Is this normal? Did my baby drop? I also feel like i have to urinate, but I really don't. HELP! =)

Smexkitten

Asked by Smexkitten at 7:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds to me that your little one is getting ready to come. He or she is jut trying to get comfy cause it doesn't have that much room left in there. Go get checked out by your doctor to be on the safe side. Good luck
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• LO is getting ready to make his/her entrance! Start getting as much rest as you can, because you need to keep that baby in you for a few more weeks to make sure the health is optimal. You could also be having Braxton Hicks, which feel much like you're describing. They're not harmful to the baby at all, and actually make real labor easier on your body...consider it practice! I had Braxton Hicks for 6 weeks before my little guy was born, and labor only lasted 6 1/2 hours...seems long, but actually very short for birthing lol.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thank you for your replies. I was suppose to goto the doctor this afternoon but my appointment got canceled, so I didn't have a chance to ask the doctor about it. It hasn't happened any today since around 8am, kept me up all night though, and now I feel terribly ill. Woke up late, Migraine, nauseous, fell down the stairs, dr. appoint. got canceled, and I went downstairs to find out my cat had diarrhea all over the rug. :(
    Smexkitten

Answer by Smexkitten at 3:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008