What colors do you decorate your christmas tree in?

jtmommyN

Asked by jtmommyN at 9:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• right now as the kids are little we do multicolors ( basically let them decorate) ... but when they are older i want to do it how my mom use to do it.... one year red and gold, one year blue and silver... or just certain themes each year... One day I hope we live in a bigger house and i can have 2 christmas trees :)
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Last year I did gold and red...Don't know for sure what I'll do this year, but I saw blue and silver tree not long ago and thought it was just beautiful!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• All the pretty colors! My kids are still little, so they love to make ornaments and put everything they can think of on the tree. We go to Silver Dollar City at Christmas time, and I see all the different trees decorated in all one color. My favorite last year was blue and silver.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 9:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• One year i had a white tree and decorated it in silver and blue. i wish i still had photos. it was beautiful.
    mom_of_3_9937

Answer by mom_of_3_9937 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I've did purple and white; white/silver and gold; no color, just special collectible ornaments. Not sure what I want to do this year. Would love to do white on a black tree, but the black trees were like $70 last year and I refused to pay that.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Right now we do homemade decorations, and we try to stick to natural and nature based things. We do use glitter glue and paints on our homemade cookie dough ornaments though, and we glitter pinecones, but we stick with the basic colors of white, green, red, silver, and blue. Once my kids are grown and I give them their homemade ornaments, i will do my tree in Thomas Kinkade top to bottom lol. I think his Christmas things are absolutely beautiful.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Our main tree is alway a happy mix of favorite ornaments. I have a small tree in the kitchen that is gingerbread themed and one year we did a natural tree that was awesome - decorated with white lights, pine cones, raffia garland, a few fake birds and bird nests and hubby made a star out of twigs. It was so pretty and I think we'll do that one again this year for upstairs.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Black, silver, blue, teal (if we have any), and purple. The lights are blue, but the tree is pre-lit, so it also has white lights.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I should add that we allow for some very personal ornaments, and anything clear. DD1 has her first ornaments on the tree every year and we put our graduation ornament up too.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Silver & Teal. ~ Last year was the 1st year that I didnt use the multi colred lights. My kids are older, 12 yo is the youngest ~ so I decided its time for change. I LOVE it, the kids LOVE it and even my neighbors noticed :)
    NYladybug

Answer by NYladybug at 9:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010