Who gets to decide?

Who gets to decide rather a person is Christian or not?

Do you respect someone who says "yes I am Christian, or no I am not" or do you believe they are not capable of deciding that, so you make the decision. Or, do you accept what a person says knowing that in the end that is something God will decide?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I accept what the person says, it's not for me to decide.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That is an issue between that person and God, I have nothing to do with it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• that's like saying i have the authority to say you like chocolate ice cream, rather than butter pecan. (which is nasty, btw..)
    i can't tell you what to like. i can give my opinion, but my saying it doesn't make it yours.
    KWIM?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Someone may not think that a person is behaving appropriately or within the tenets of their professed faith, but it is still not for anyone else to decide if a person is of a particular faith or not.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have nothing to do with their decision. And I would believe them.....and i dong think god decides if you believe in him or now. That is a personal belief

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Noone can tell a person who they are, yet our eyes are too blind to see it ourselves. Truth is, it is something never really known and the best way to live life is with an open mind, respect for other's around, and by treating people the way you would want other's to treat you. If someone claims a religion, to me that means they try to live the life God of their choice suggests is the best for them. Does that mean they follow every rule? No, but who is anyone else to judge? The greatest thing we have in life is our differences, see a religion as a statement of having something in common or not having something in common.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If someone says "yes I'm a Christian" then I have no problem with that but if they say "yes I'm a Christian and you should be one too" then things will get ugly fast.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't believe anyone has the right to put conditions on someone else's faith. Faith isn't black and white, there are many different versions and facets even within the same religion. Only the individual can decide what resonates with them. They would know better than anyone what that is, and its not up to anyone to say "no you're not" when someone claims a religious title.

I believe all paths are merely different ways of relating to God, but I don't believe God judges us on our religious affiliation. The religion is here to help us act out our faith, to help us cultivate our spirituality and our relationship with Him, but He is above religion - He transcends it, IMO....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I decide what I believe, you decide what you will be. God judges in the end.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If someone says "I am a Christian" I take their word for it. I am not a Christian, but as the saying goes "it's between them and God" it's not for me to judge or decide.

Chniamli

Answer by Chniamli at 10:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010