What humidifier do you like? First cold advice?

Unfortunately, I gave my 6 mo son my head cold which includes a runny/stuffed nose. I feel so bad for him!! I read in my What to Expect First Year book that a humidifier can help. Do you have any recommendations for a good humidifier? Any other tips that might make him feel better? This is his first cold.

jacksmom1225

Asked by jacksmom1225 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• saline drops and a nose sucker is really the only remedy for a 6 month old. you could ask the pharmacist if a vicks vaporizer is ok for a baby his age or what kind of humidifer (cold or warm mist) would be better for him. he should also be able to tell you what else you can give him. hope he feels better soon
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• we have a cool mist humidifier from Holmes. You could also sit in the bathroom with the shower running really hot and the steam will help his stuffy nose.
    heidi_val

Answer by heidi_val at 10:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010