water breaking question adult content

i woke up wet this morning and when i went to the bathroom my underwear were wet and thats all and i came back the next time to use the bathroom an the was one brown blood streak i didnt notice anymore wetness but i cant stop peeing and theres a weird smell not really a foul smell just different...im not in pain but is this my water breaking? i have an ob appt tomorrow...and im 36 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would go in just for them to check you to be on the safe side
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 9:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• you peed yourself...if it was your water and you were sleeping it would have been a wave and it wouldn't have been just your panties. you would have woken up in a HUGE puddle
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would def. go check to be sure.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Your mucous (sp?) plug could be loosening. Which can cause water leakage. It isn't uncommon. But, I would certainly mention it at my appointment tomorrow. If you would like a little added comfort, call your doctor's office and speak to a nurse. They will let you know if you should be concerned or not.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Definitely have it check out. I ended up developing a leak in my amniotic sac at 32 weeks and unfortunately it made me be on bedrest for the following 6 weeks. Hopefully its nothing.
    jennalynne904

Answer by jennalynne904 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You can have a tear in the membrane. which if the baby is lying on will cause it to just leak. I would go get checked to make sure.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• First you don't always have a huge gush of water like some women are trying to lead you to beleive here. My water was leaking just a little and I woke up at 5 am with my pants soaked. I changed thinking I had peed myself and went back to bed, never fell asleep though. Woke up an hour later wet again. I was only 10 days early though so no biggie. I would call the OBs office and let them know. They will tell you whether they want to see you today or wait until tomorrow.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'd ask your doc. Even though there isn't always a big gush, you would still have water leaking out consistently throughout the day if it was a membrane rupture. That said, I could be wrong, and it's always worth having it checked. They can use pH paper to determine if it's your water.
    My experience was a lot like aeneva's. I thought I had peed the bed (also around 5AM), and then over the course of the day, I kept thinking I was peeing.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If in doubt, get checked... That is my policy. Your probably fine, but better safe than sorry.
    Beanna4406

Answer by Beanna4406 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would put on a pad and if it soaks up within an hour, I would go get checked.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010