Obama Healthcare

If you are on assistance just for insurance, will you lose that insurance and be put on obamas healthcare?

I don't understand this healthcare crap whatsoever!

Someone explain this to me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL, I hear you! I don't think anyone knows what's "really" going to happen. I understood that existing programs would remain the same, the new plan is to cover those between assistance and private insurance - but I heard something on the radio yesterday that made me think they were going to revamp the whole thing. I wish I had an answer for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I found it here .
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Neither do they understand it, but will be checking back on this question to see what others are saying from how they interpret it. It's a real mystery to most and no one seems to have a definitive answer to this question......

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• From what I understand, it will depend on your income. If you are already on Medical assistance, nothing will be changed,
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If you qualify for Government healthcare, nothing will change. It is for the people who do not qualify but can't afford the premiums.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• They are raising the income level for medicaid. If you fall below the new level, you are forced onto medicaid. If you make below the level for subsidy, they refuse to give you one and require you to use medicaid. If you make more than the level, you receive a subsidy to help offset the cost of buying your own insurance out of pocket. You buy the insurance up front, and at the end of the year (tax time) you get a refund based on your income, provided you didn't let your insurance lapse. If you make below the level for subsidy, they refuse to give you one and require you to use medicaid. There is no such thing as "Obama Healthcare" - it's just medicaid and private insurance, the difference is you will be legally required to have one or the other at all times.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I say let's redo it all and go for it. I work at a hopsital and 50-75 percent of what I see is either medicare or medicaid anyway. I see people who are going financially under due to healthcare. It is time to try for an improvement. Those I see who are going under cannot afford their cobra (usually at least 600-1000 bucks a month) and preexsisiting cond are uninsurable at this time. People are literally dying broke. If you think it can't happen to you, you are wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• By the way, so-called "Obama care" doesn't really exist. There is no new healthcare program or "public option." That did not make it into the bill. The jist of it is that they will give families subsidies to help pay the private health insurance premiums.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Well,this blows the theory of if you already get some funded insurance thru gov't that nothing will change: all of the copays with ALL gov't assistant healthcare just went up! Our daughter's copays went from: doc office visit:$5 to $10...emergency room visit went from:$20 to $25...meds went from being $3 to being $15! With the rise in copay costs...and the fact we already could NOT afford healthcare,how in the bloody Hades does NOBAMA expect ppl to pay the $750/person fine?! Yah...you Obaminites...stand behind your man now....sheesh...
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 10:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• what about those of us who just started our own business, and are beginning to hire employees? Are we going to be forced to provide health insurance for employees, even a small business just starting out?
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 11:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010