Too sexy for 15?!

OK.....I just need to ask, a friend of mine shared pics of her daughter's homecoming, and while her daughter and her friends are all beautiful, THEY ARE 15 and they were dressed to the full tilt of sexiness! They all had on the "caterpillar" style dresses,(so tight and sooo short), frankly I was shocked that they were ALLOWED to dress this provocatively by the parents and staff, to a school dance! Am I crazy? My daughter is suppose to go next year and I feel alittle panic setting in already!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• You aren't crazy! I was shocked at some of the dresses I saw young girls wearing, but not all of them dress like that. Shop with your daughter, there are plenty of cute and classy dresses out there, you don't have to dress trashy to be glamorous, and 15 is WAY too young to dress like that.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I know right? I thank the lord every day for my 4 boys, I don't have to worry about that and all the other things that can be worn skimpy. Go shopping with her and 'help' pick out something that is not so revealing but is still sooo the rage. Just breathe!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The stuff they wear at school even makes me feel ill and my daughter(almost 17) is disgusted by a lot of it too
    and what's worse is the music they play at the dances...my daughter said they have played that song Slap that or Smack That or whatever it's called among other songs I would consider completely innapropriate for a school setting. She usually has no interest in going to the dances
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My girls aren't teens yet, but the standards for our family are that all clothes cover the shoulders and go down to the knee, mom and dad included. Exceptions are made only when necessary, which we determine to be swimming or a sport where the clothing would be in the way (i.e. gymnastics).
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am lucky. My daughter is really modest.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I said this about a lot of the halloween costumes for GIRLS (yes the girls, I didn't even look at the teen costumes, shivers).

Set your standard on what you will allow and what you won't. Classy is more appealing than trashy anyways.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My DD is 16 and pretty well endowed.
    We do encourage her not to flaunt her body, her breasts, etc but it is hard when it seems like everyone else is doing it.
    Her homecoming dress was certainly not tight or slutty but it was low cut. However, I approved it and thought it was okay. Even her dad said ok, but I'm sure he would have preferred a Turtle neck! LOL

When she got to the dance one of the chaperones told her to "Put those babies away" indicating her dress was too low. :( Dang.
    But I totally get your point. It drives me crazy to see such outfits on such young girls. :(
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Be afraid be very afraid LOL. The way they dress now adays is enough to scare me into making them dress like nuns. MY control over this is this I tell Johnny that yes you are only fourteen one time in your life do you want to show your children a picture of you looking trashy or classy. I show her pictures of me at her age she smile and says mommy that look nice. I show her pictures of my wow so sexy friends. And she look like what is that her wha it is showing mommy. The differnce trashy and classy
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You are not crazy. I was in the kids department at Kohl's, not the teen, the little girls sizes 7 - 16 and I was shocked at some of the dresses. I would not let my daughter wear these dresses.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You have every right to let panic set in! No you're not crazy. We, as parents, have to set boundaries for our girls. I have a 26 y/o , an 18 y/o and a 17 y/o with a 12 y/o coming up on them all! lol All girls. I think They're all pretty sexy now days but I will NOT allow them to wear the very short dresses like you described. I won't let them show too much cleavage either. They don't have to dress slutty to be classy or to "fit in". My girls all ran with the popular crowd too so my rules didn't effect their social status. Just start getting her used to the rules now and maybe she won't push you too hard. Good Luck Mama!
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 1:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2010