How can I know if I'm pregnant if I haven't had a period yet since childbirth 6 months ago?

I had my first child 6 months ago, and now I think I might be pregnant again, but I can't be sure since I haven't "missed" my period yet since I haven't resumed them since my child's birth!

jennalynne904

Asked by jennalynne904 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take a EPT test. If you are it will show positive. But either way you should call your OB.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• test and see. if neg test again in 2 weeks
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The only way is to test and if negative then test again in two more weeks. Why do you think you might be pregnant? If it is simply the missing period this is very common after giving birth especially if you are nursing your child.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:03 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• pee test
    and
    do you have any signs
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:03 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• First ask yourself these questions: Are you breast feeding? If so theres your answer!
    Is there stress in the house? ,What are you eating? It may not be a if you are pregnant. You may want to take the test but either way, you should go in to a doctor,clinic or hospital and explain your feelings on the subject and get them to run a Blood test first And then i nothing then ask them to run a batery of test. Hope this helps.
    pumpkindreams

Answer by pumpkindreams at 10:04 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Take a test!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• are you sure you havent been pregnant most of that time i know a girl and she went back in for her 6 wk check after birth and was pregnant....and she hasnt had a period since child birth either lol id definately take a test but im a testaholic its the first thing i do if im wondering
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• About 2 weeks ago my hubby and I had some 'fun'. I have been crazy irritable (just like last time I was preggo), had a little spotting yesterday, waves of nausea through the day, and headaches.
    jennalynne904

Comment by jennalynne904 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Take a test. If it is negative and you still want to know Call your Dr and see if they will do a blood test.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• stock up on cheap tests. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010