my baby depends on sucking her pacificer in the middle of the night.

She goes to bed at ten. whenever her pacifier fall out of her mouth she will cry all through the night... did it happen to you? how did you deal with it? how can i help her go back to sleep without depending on her pacifier? I live in an apt and i have people living upstairs. Im thinking about letting her cry when she takes her nap through the day ... i have to give her pacifier at night....

thanks!

tiggerneeyore

Asked by tiggerneeyore at 8:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• can you try putting her down drowsy at night without the pacifier? I have heard that however baby falls asleep is how they expect to stay asleep all night. My baby uses paci too- he will drop it out and sleep for a while without it, but my pedi says that at night I need to get up with him and try to get him to sleep without it. Pick up- soothe, put down drowsy and repeat until he falls asleep- not letting him cry for more than a couple minutes. Good luck- I am dealing with the same so I feel ya.
    FACMom

Answer by FACMom at 12:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i just stick her pacifier back in her mouth and she goes back to sleep
    country_grl2469

Answer by country_grl2469 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My son is almost 3 months and only uses the nuby when he sleeps but i lay him on a recieving blanket to keep the sheet from getting puked on (he sleeps on his belly) but i fold it up against his face and put his arm behind it to hold it in his mouth. but once hes done with it, he spits it out and it doesnt bother him. but he has to have it to go to sleep. Hes a great baby but i would love to break the habit of using it all together. i hate that dirty thing!
    hadleesmama

Answer by hadleesmama at 12:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2008