Parents get involved or mind your business?

We as a society need to get involved, that is why kids are the way they are today.

You see a child doing something dangerous do you let them do it? or stop them?

When I was a kid you respected all adults, the neighbor told you don't do that or this and then immediatly went to your parents, and you were in trouble. I can't just sit by and let kids get hurt. If I see a kid playing with matches, I take them away. If I see a kid jumping off the roof, I stop them and tell their parents.

I know every neighbor is not interested in what you have seen but there are still parents that want neighbors to pitch in and keep and eye out and YES I am one of them.
They are our future and I intend too help if a child needs it.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• amen sister!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree. If you see my kid doing anything. Stop him and get on to him and come tell me.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• U r right.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree, if I see a child doing something dangerous, I can't just sit around and mind my own business. Some may not like that, but I would rather make sure that child is safe and then I would let the parents know about the situation.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Trust me, I am the last person to tell someone how to raise their kids, but if I even think you as a child are doing something dangerous, illegal, or plain ole disrespectfull, I am the first to run my mouth.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree. If you see my kid doing anything. Stop him and get on to him and come tell me. It does take a villiage to raise a child and i am grateful for all that helped me ..I feel we all need to be involved i welcome it.I told my girls you never know who is watching you out there always be at your best.When I was a kid you respected all adults, the neighbor told you don't do this or that and then immediatly went to your parents, and you were in trouble. It was a good thing and we need to get back to that.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Some thing dangerous yes, but I stop them and informed the parents then go on my marry way and mind my own.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with you 100%. But we dont live in a society that is open to helping others.
    First, we are becoming more selfish, as a society everyday. Its all about "me me me".
    Second, you cant just step in and help anymore. Someone can sue you for breaking their ribs while doing CPR that saved their life. And because of people like the one who needs CPR, they ruin it for everyone. People re afraid to get involved because now people dont see it as help. They see it as you looking down on them, or trying to push your way onto them.
    Believe me, I would love to say something to a kid or his parents if they are doing something unsafe, but the truth is, I wont. I dont want to risk running across a selfish, conceited parent who doesnt see anything wrong with what their kid is doing and proceeds to attempt to belittle me. No thanks.
    I wish it were the way it was, but there is no going back now. Its sad :(
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• so true
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010