If someone asks something like "what is a good makeup to use" is it against guidelines to answer with.........

I sell Avon/Mary Kay, go to my website , or your answer is a link to YOUR sales site?
I thought that was solicitation. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it depends on the nature of the question. If they were asking about working at home or where they could buy/find a product, then you could answer with your business info. But if the question was only about a brand or type, then it would be a solitation.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Um, it wasn't high pressure or harassing. I personally would not mind if someone answered my ? With that
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think that offering up a link to a personal website is against the rules, but saying "Mary Kay is great" is not.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would say giving a link constitutes advertising. I'm not sure that I feel the same way about "I sell XYZ product and I love it!" without a link.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it is only against the TOS if the person advertising their site creates a post for nothing more than to push their product. If someone else is asking, then I don't see the problem with listing the site.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have noticed a lot of people tell the person they sell the product and give them their personal link so they get credit for the sale. It's like they seek out the beauty questions to do this.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Advertising and promotions are allowed ONLY on your profile page, in Journal posts (flagged for the Marketplace), or in groups that allow advertising.

lol found it! copied and pasted straight from the guidelines :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No I see links. When you click on the link, that person gets credit for the sale. I've seen them even say, here's my webpage if you want to buy some.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• What are you talking about? I didn't even see a post from you. There are a ton of them. I would understand if they asked where they could get it. But a lot of people seem like they SEEK out the beauty section questions just to make a sale.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If you are answering a question with your business information that is not against site TOS. When you make a post to talk about your business that is. Individual groups have different rules so just be sure to read them if you post there.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010